The Confined Space Permit to Work Audit Service
About the Service:
Confined Space Permit(s) to Work are an essential part of managing confined space operations. Our consultants have the capability and knowledge to audit your company against the legal standards set out in the Confined Space Work Regulations 1997 and industry best practice.
The audit will include an examination of the supporting policies, procedures and guidance to establish how the confined space permit to work system is applied in practice. The following areas will be considered during the audit process:
- Senior management responsibilities and understanding of the permit system
- Competence of the authorising authorities
- System capability and suitability
- System assessment and controls, including isolation procedures
- Understanding the operation of the system by both authorising authorities and acceptors
- Evaluation of any established safe systems of work
- Maintenance and monitoring of the system
- Emergency procedures.
A detailed report will be produced to outline the findings of the audit and any deficiencies which exist in the system. The report will be accompanied by a corrective action plan.